Tenants Information

Since April 2015, if your rented home is in a Liverpool post code, your landlord must be registered and must have a licence to rent your home to you.

If your landlord is a member of the RLA's Liverpool Co-regulation Scheme, you can be assured that your landlord intends to act competently, professionally and will abide by all laws and regulations concerning property letting.

We carry out random property audits to ensure that properties registered with the scheme meet the requirements. Audits are carried out on an on-going basis to certify that compliance is being maintained.

Furthermore, members of this scheme must be an active member of the Residential Landlords Association, as such they are committed to the RLA's code of conduct, the terms of the RLA Co-Regulation Scheme and the requirements of Liverpool City Council's licensing requirements.

To find out if your property has a licence application in place, please visit Liverpool City Council's Landlord Licence Search.

Complaints Procedure

If you have an issue with the property you live in or with your landlords, we always ask that you firstly look to approach your landlord to raise an issue. The majority of issues are resolved quickly by our landlords as they are keen maintain their status with Liverpool City Council and the RLA Co-regulation scheme. If you cannot resolve the issue with your landlord directly, please contact us.

Please download our complaints form and fill it in and email the form back to us. In order for us to proceed with your complaint we need the following details filled in the form:

  1. The address of the property
  2. The nature of the issue
  3. The timescale involved so far
  4. Your name, email address and telephone number
  5. The name and address of your landlord (the address can be found on your Tenancy Agreement).

We will then contact your landlord to resolve the issue. If the landlord does not take adequate steps to address the issue, and we deem your complaint as valid, we will decide what further action to take. This could include the landlord being suspended from the scheme until repairs are carried out, the landlord undertaking further training, or the landlord having their status withdrawn. We will inform you of the outcome of your complaint.